More fake news…
The Wall Street Journal today reported that President Trump sought options for a possible Iran strike.
For some reason this “news” got national attention.
Aren’t US president’s always looking at defensive options?
Isn’t that a requirement for a competent leader?
The Wall Street Journal reported:
President Trump’s National Security Council asked the Pentagon to provide the White House with military options to strike Iran last year, generating concern at the Pentagon and State Department, current and former U.S. officials said.
The request, which hasn’t been previously reported, came after militants fired three mortars into Baghdad’s sprawling diplomatic quarter, home to the U.S. Embassy, on a warm night in early September. The shells—launched by a group aligned with Iran—landed in an open lot and harmed no one.
But they triggered unusual alarm in Washington, where Mr. Trump’s national security team led by John Bolton conducted a series of meetings to discuss a forceful U.S. response, including what many saw as the unusual request for options to strike Iran.
As Omri Ceren pointed out– The Obama administration also announced in July 2015 that they had discussed military options for Iran.
But for some reason this is a headline under Trump?
July 2015: Obama State Dept spokesman says if Iran steps up attacks “we have military options available to us if and when it ever came to that”
Jan 2018: WSJ says State & Defense Depts “shocked” when Bolton asked about military options after Iran-linked attack
Someone’s fibbing pic.twitter.com/rhixg4R88b
— Omri Ceren (@omriceren) January 13, 2019