According to documents released by the FBI regarding their questioning of Hillary Clinton, it is fairly obvious that she wanted the FBI to believe she was too overwhelmed by the details of her work as Secretary of State to be held accountable for the consequences of her actions. The reason for her inability to properly conduct the affairs of state on behalf of the United States, we are supposed to believe, was a fall in her home in December of 2012.
She presents the case that the threats to national security and violations of federal law that occurred as a result of her reckless endangerment, careless handling and violations of procedures were not her fault, nor are the discrepancies in her accounting for her actions. They weren’t really lies; they were her best recollection or non-recollection as impacted by an unexpected impairment that resulted from the concussion and subsequent brain injury she sustained in her December fall.
Clinton claimed in her July 2nd FBI interview and continues to claim to this date that she was unable to remember much of the events of her entire tenure as Secretary of State due to the brain damage she sustained in the fall and its complications. The lingering effects, she would have the FBI and the American people believe, prevent her from remembering and thereby make it impossible for her to offer an explanation as to what motivated her actions.
She told FBI investigators she was still incapacitated to a significant degree by that event, that she could not and still cannot answer 26 important questions related to their investigation.
While she is incapable of remembering major events that took place during her term as Secretary of State, including some as basic as whether or not she and her staff received the briefing on the proper handling of classified materials, Clinton wants to assure us that she is simultaneously fully capable of handling the more difficult job of being president of the United States.
She was not able to and evidence indicates had no desire to, responsibly conduct the business of the State Department even before she was injured. Her focus appeared, from information that is being uncovered by released emails, to have been upon making money selling access and influence. Those are the kind of things she’d probably want to be able to claim she forgot as part of an investigation into her criminal wrong-doing.
The problem for Mrs. Clinton is that she cannot make those claims without simultaneously disqualifying herself from being able to perform the duties of the office of President of the United States. If she’s not able to do the lesser job due to a physical condition that still exists, she has no business running for president.
If she’s not physically impaired then she lied to the FBI in addition to committing numerous other offenses and is likewise disqualified from seeking the office. Either way, the release of the documents should be sufficient to warrant Clinton’s dropping out of the race or her removal by the DNC. The problem is that being able to govern is not a concern of the Democrats; being able to become president is. As long as she can pull that one off, they couldn’t care less about her ability to actually do the job.
It’s up to her opposition, specifically Mr. Trump, to eliminate her as a candidate, using the information that Mrs. Clinton continues to begrudgingly provide through subpoenas, court orders and FOIA requests.
Mrs. Clinton claimed she was unable to remember the following:
- When she received security clearance
- Being briefed on how to handle classified material
- How many times she used her authority to designate items classified
- Any briefing on how to handle very top-secret “Special Access Program” material
- How to select a target for a drone strike
- How the data from her mobile devices was destroyed when she switched devices
- The number of times her staff was given a secure phone
- Why she didn’t get a secure Blackberry
- Receiving any emails she thought should not be on the private system
- Did not remember giving staff direction to create private email account
- Getting guidance from state on email policy
- Who had access to her Blackberry account
- The process for deleting her emails
- Ever getting a message that her storage was almost full
- Anyone besides Huma Abedin being offered an account on the private server
- Being sent information on state government private emails being hacked
- Receiving cable on State Dept personnel securing personal email accounts
- Receiving cable on Bryan Pagliano upgrading her server
- Using an iPad mini
- An Oct. 13, 2012, email on Egypt with Clinton pal Sidney Blumenthal
- Jacob Sullivan using personal email
- State Department protocol for confirming classified information in media reports
- Every briefing she received after suffering concussions
- Being notified of a FOIA request on Dec. 11, 2012
- Being read out of her clearance
- Any further access to her private email account from her State Department tenure after switching to her HRCoffice.com account