Hillary Emails To Be Released Faster Per Judge’s Orders

hillary-clinton-hand up

The U.S. State Department had a timetable in mind for the release of Hillary Clinton’s email cache of 30,000 or so that they possess.  They were going to let loose the whole enchilada on January 15, 2016.  Federal Judge Rudolph Contreras of U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., ordered them to revise that schedule on Tuesday.

The judge told the State Department to release the emails on a rolling basis as they are ready to be revealed.  In addition, the judge asked for a specific date on which the 296 emails regarding the 2012 attack on the American consolate in Benghazi, Libya would be made public.  The schedule is to be to the judge by May 26.  Those specific documents are in congressional hands at this time, but not public information.

These orders were made in a ruling on a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request from Vice News made in January 2014.  The emails are part of a broader array of documents Vice News was seeking.

According to the judicial order, the State Department “shall file a notice to the Court on or before May 26, 2015, that includes the following: (1) a new production schedule for the Secretary Clinton e-mails that accounts for rolling production and updates from counsel every 60 days, (2) a proposed deadline for production of the Secretary Clinton e-mails relating to Benghazi, and (3) a proposed order that encapsulates the parties’ agreement on the narrowing of [VICE News’] request concerning searches for [documents] beyond the Secretary Clinton e-mails.”

At a press conference Tuesday, the State Department pledged to fulfill the order and comply.

State Department spokesman Jeff Rathke said at a press briefing Tuesday the department will not challenge the judge’s order.

“Of course, we take our legal obligations seriously; we’ll comply with the order,” Rathke said.

In addition to the actual facts of the incident in Benghazi maybe, possibly, FINALLY coming to light, a net result of a faster release of the State Department documentation may well be the Democratic Party needing to find a viable candidate for the 2016 presidential race to replace Mrs. Clinton who is 67 and showing the signs of wear, tear, fatigue, and other health and aging concerns as well as a paranoia bordering on schizophrenic.  From Ed Morrissey at HotAir on Tuesday:

That will mean questions much earlier in the cycle for Hillary Clinton, who just deigned to answer a few earlier today. That’s bad news for her, but could be good news for Democrats. The early release will at least theoretically give them more time to find an alternate candidate in case a smoking gun emerges from the e-mail release, although as Jazz remarked earlier, these are the e-mails that Hillary’s team pre-vetted and allowed State to acquire. If it took until mid-January for a smoking gun to emerge, it would leave the Democrats with nothing but a brokered convention standing between them and utter humiliation.

Whether that will be good news or bad news for the Republican field remains to be seen.  In the meantime, stalwart Clinton supporters such as Ron Fourier at National Journal are no longer giving Hillary the benefit of the doubt when it comes to her email collection and the slow to non-existent release of them.

I don’t believe Hillary Rodham Clinton when she says—as she did at a brief news conference on Tuesday—that she has no control over the release of her State Department email. “They’re not mine. They belong to the State Department.”  …

I don’t believe her because I’ve covered the Clintons since the 1980s and know how dedicated they are to what former Clinton spokesman Mike McCurry called “telling the truth slowly.” The fact is that she would rather delay the document dump until early 2016—and then have the email released on a single day to overwhelm the media and allow her to declare herself exonerated. That was her strategic choice, Clinton advisers confirmed for me, until a federal judge ordered the State Department on Tuesday to release the email in stages.

And that, fellow Americans, is why Judge Contreras’ order is vitally important.  With a slow and steady stream of information, any “smoking gun” or piece of information detrimental to Hillary Clinton’s campaign is less likely to be missed.  A 55,000 email single dump would take months to wade through.  And the Clinton campaign admitted that was what they wanted to happen.  Right before the Iowa caucuses.

About the Author

Cultural Limits
A resident of Flyover Country, Cultural Limits is a rare creature in American Conservatism - committed to not just small government, Christianity and traditional social roles, but non-profits and high arts and culture. Watching politics, observing human behavior and writing are all long-time interests. In her other life, CL writes romance novels under her nom de plume, Patricia Holden (@PatriciaHoldenAuthor on Facebook), and crochets like a mad woman (designs can be found on Facebook @BohemianFlairCrochet and on Pinterest on the Bohemian Flair Crochet board). In religion, CL is Catholic; in work, the jill of all trades when it comes to fundraising software manipulation and event planning; in play, a classically trained soprano and proud citizen of Cardinal Nation, although, during hockey season, Bleeds Blue. She lives in the Mid-Mississippi River Valley with family and two cute and charming tyrants...make that toy dogs.