Take Five Minutes And Watch The Spread Of Islam Via Jihad Before The Crusades

knights-crusader_00249788

Now that Barack Obama, the know nothing about history occupier of the oval office, has opened the door to defending the atrocities of Islam vs. those of Christianity by invoking the Crusades, it’s time to set the record straight and watch the interactive map done by Dr. Bill Warner that demonstrates the spread of Islam that prompted the Crusades.  As Dr. Warner states, the Crusades were defensive wars.  The first one was a holy war called to take back the Holy Land from the Islamists, and as such was really a Christian pilgrimage.

Is there any real way to defend Jihadi atrocities?  For Barack Obama’s address at the National Prayer Breakfast this week and other information related to violence in the name of religion, see yesterday’s ‘People Committed Terrible Deeds In The Name Of Christ’ Obama At Prayer Breakfast – Video.

Comments

Cultural Limits
A resident of Flyover Country, Cultural Limits is a rare creature in American Conservatism - committed to not just small government, Christianity and traditional social roles, but non-profits and high arts and culture. Watching politics, observing human behavior and writing are all long-time interests. CL is a regular contributor to The Constitution Club group blog, and writes on her religious blog, Beyond Sodality, from time to time. In religion, CL is Catholic; in work, the jill of all trades when it comes to fundraising software manipulation and event planning; in play, a classically trained soprano and proud citizen of Cardinal Nation, although, during hockey season, Bleeds Blue. She lives in the Mid-Mississippi River Valley with family and two cute and charming tyrants...make that toy dogs.

19 Comments on "Take Five Minutes And Watch The Spread Of Islam Via Jihad Before The Crusades"

1. Aye Freeman | 05/24/2015 at 10:28 AM |

Death.to.the.moon.god.allah

2. Aye Freeman | 05/24/2015 at 10:04 AM |

Christ.and.allah.are.the.same.god.this.is.a.lie.straight.out.of.the.pit.of.hell….two.conflicting.messages..i.dont.care.what.interpretation.you.are.using..you.are.on.some.non.prescripton.medication..or.just.another.misleading.apologist.for.the.religion.of..satan.Jesus.does.not.send.confusing.messages.there.is.no,.guess.work.involved……
    Mark 3:25
    New International
    Version

If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

3. passingby | 02/10/2015 at 1:15 PM |

Jacki…thanks for your response…and I apologize for the delay in my response…I’ve been away from this page for a couple of days. That said, I now respond to your response. Just to get it out of the way – when you said confession, I wasn’t thinking of the confession booth (not being RC), thus my statement of Luther confessing his sins…just not to another man for absolution. The early church was known to be catholic (lower case, please note), which merely means “universal”…it wasn’t until some centuries after the original church began that it was know as the Roman Catholic Church – before then, it was merely known as the Church); so, I suppose that Luther wasn’t protesting against the Roman Catholic Church, but just against the Church in existence at that time. Your use of the upper case “c” in Catholic causes me to use the term Roman Catholic Church – as that’s what I think you mean by your term. There’s so much to be said about that – that’s why I suggested you do your own research…and while you’re at it you might look into Ignasius Loyola…I’m sure you know he founded the Jesuits, and you might read the “Jesuit Oath of Induction” while you’re at it, which will give you a good bit of insight into the Roman Catholic Church, as the Popes were only too happy for the Jesuits to be working for them. Even today, the Pope is trying to bring all Christian churches under the “umbrella” of Roman Catholicism. After all, he is a Jesuit. As for it being the original Christian church, it just wasn’t…again, I’m operating under my interpretation of your use of the word “Catholic”…upper case…

Your words: “You are saying that they have nothing in common but that is where you are wrong” cannot be substantiated in my post. I said Islam had very little in common with the monotheistic religions – Judaism and Christianity – and I still say that. Those two believe in the one, true living God, who exists for all of eternity; the Islamic faith is based on – as I said earlier – a god who was elevated by man (Muhammad) to the position of supremacy…having chosen that particular “deity” from among the plethora of tribal gods they worshiped at that time. You don’t address that in your post. I know all three are considered monotheistic in the secular world, In Islam, they don’t believe “in” Jesus…just that he lived (they call him a prophet)…they don’t believe He is the Son of God, as do the Christians…and the Jews are still looking for the Messiah. But I digress here…

The fact that one believes, or how one practices that belief (rituals, sacraments, etc.) means nothing…the only thing that does mean something is the object of that belief – faith, if you will; so, yes, I proclaim that I don’t believe in what other religions believe…as a Christian – believing in the only begotten Son of God – Jesus – for salvation, “I can do no other” (to borrow a phrase from Martin Luther – at least one that’s attributed to him)…

I’ve re-read my post several times and I just can’t find the “ignorance and pure hatred of another religion” you appear to attribute to me.

I’ll leave the rest of your post to be addressed by the person you’re talking to in that section, and just limit myself to that which you say to me. It seems we both do agree that this forum isn’t ideal for discussions of this nature, but it’s what we have, isn’t it?

4. jtitan241 | 02/08/2015 at 2:15 PM |

The Christians of the crusades did not burn, buried, rape or sell young girls or use cages to set afire prisoners, how can you idiots compare what happened 12 yrs. ago at Abu Graba. While the Devils children have committed over the past 1600 years. What a Shame and sham Islam has become, if there are moderates Muslims then they need to destroy the jihadists, stand up and regain your so called religion.

5. I do have a couple corrections. Catholicism was the first practice religion around Christ with a church build by Peter. Which is why priests are guys – they are in the image of Peter. Which is why the remains of Peter are in the Vatican.

Go to a Lutheran mass – it is pretty much exactly the same as a Catholic mass. Little differences are there – also the same with Orthodox. Catholicism was the original Christian religion and then people throughout history did not agree with certain aspects and created their own. John Calvin and Luther were the two most famous on that. And you are correct – Luther did not like the indulgences and therefore he elimated confession because everyone just confessed their sins after the indulgences and he did not believe in that.

Also – I have done much research on the religions but on a common forum like this is going to be a watered down version. I have taken history classes which have taught in depth about each religion.

You are saying that they have nothing in common but that is where you are wrong, because in the basic structure and belief of the religion is monotheistic. Look up which religions are monotheistic… You will see all 3. You are refuting on believing what they believe. I never asked you to believe What they believe in their religion. But the basic structure of the religion is that they believe in one God – Allah. All 3 religions call God something different – but we accept that in Judaism that we are speaking of the same God… Why not in Islam when they believe in Abraham and Jesus – because of our ignorance and pure hatred of another religion.

And now onto Ted – a prophet and a Savior are different. A prophet speaks to God. Savior in Christianity is more than that. Islam and Judaism do not see Jesus as a Savior. Christianity does… Which is why they are Christians…. We pray to Jesus and God and do we believe in more than one God? No – God and his son. This is something that makes sense to all Christians. And Catholics pray to saints to guide their way and to watch over them – and that is accepted and most Saints were not even prophets. Islam prays to God and what they view as the final prophet. I do not believe in Islam – I do not believe Mohammad was a prophet Oor in his teaching and by what I see on this forum neither do you – but does that make their religion invalid just because you don’t believe it and I don’t believe.

All religions is about Faith and what you believe. I live in America with freedom of religion – who am I to tell you or the guy next to you what to believe. In my eyes – I am glad that you believe in something.

I have met many Muslims – not all are terrorists or even bad people. Not all believe in Jihad in the way that the extremists do. How it was explained to me is that most Muslims believe in Jihad in a completely different context and there is a time and a place for war (and I think many are on that wave length). They admit that the religion was spread through conquering and all the negativity but the Jihadists now a days are using the excuse of Jihad for terror – not what it was written to be.

Like Judaism and Christianity there are many different views. In Judaism there are Orthodox Jews who are more strict with the religion. In Christianity – some believe in blood atonement and some believe marrying many wives, some are Amish, some are nondenominational. There are huge spans of every religion including Islam. By lumping all together – doesn’t make any sense.

6. Karol Czenko | 02/08/2015 at 1:24 AM |

At the end of the day, it all comes down to the same point. Comparisons between the Christian Crusades and Islamic Jihad are largely irrelevant, because the Crusades ended many centuries ago, and as this Warner person notes at the end, Islamic jihad is still going on today. All the atrocities committed by Christians on a mass (civilizational) scale are confined to several hundred years ago. The Spanish Inquisition was still going on in the 18th century, but it had moderated significantly. The Islamic State, al-Qaeda and the other grotesque Islamist movements are still cutting people’s heads off, stoning women to death, hanging people from cranes for things like adultery and homosexuality. The comparison is ridiculous.

So you hippies, artists, etc., who think Islam is “cool” and “misunderstood,” I have this to say: stick it where the Sun never shines. You people are nitwits. Get the hell out of the cozy Western countries you live in, and go live in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, or even a secular Muslim-majority country like Syria. See how much you like it, and how much you’re prepared to criticize places like the US, UK, etc., after a year in one of those holes. If most of the West had the balls that Poland had in the early 17th century when confronting the Ottomans and Crimean Tatars, we wouldn’t be in this mess. Take the Muslim marauder and cut his head off, just as he would cut off the head of the Christian or the Jew. Or to use the jargon of US pilots: “Light ’em up.” These people are the scourge of the planet.

7. passingby | 02/07/2015 at 7:38 PM |

I believe you’re looking into a mirror when you speak about people not taking time to learn about other religions… because your comments indicate that you don’t know much about any of the three you mention. I don’t have the time or inclination right now to point out the fallacies of your statements, but should you decide to investigate on your own, you’ll see that Islam has very little in common with the two monotheistic religions you mention. Their “one god” was pulled from a pantheon of tribal “gods” and declared to be the only god…and the “prophet” used murder, slavery, and domination to “prove” that claim; their belief in the old testament you mention denies the promises to Abraham through Isaac and Jacob…instead claiming that Ishmael was the line of heredity from Abraham, when the Bible (old testament to which you refer) clearly states that Isaac was the heir to the promises of God to Abraham. Oops, I guess I was somewhat inclined to refute your proclamations. Lutherans??? Martin Luther believed so much in confession that he spent inordinate amounts of time trying to confess each and every sin he’d ever committed…he was vehemently opposed to the Roman Catholic practice of indulgences…that’s the reason he protested (well, the main reason, among some 94 others) against the Roman Catholics, thereby joining the Reformation. Doesn’t sound like he believed “absolutely everything else in Catholicism” to me. The early followers of Christ were known as “The Way”, and later were called Christians – mainly as an insult from others…many years later the Roman Catholics came along. Okay, I misspoke…I was inclined, and I did take the time… Anyway, if I’m wrong on any of this, please correct me. Peace to you.

8. Gary Miller | 02/07/2015 at 6:50 PM |

Whomever wrote this nonsense might want to listen back to what President Obama actually said.

9. Jo Mama | 02/07/2015 at 6:09 PM |

BEHEAD islam as we know it!

10. Ted Sevick | 02/07/2015 at 5:33 PM |

Sorry Jacki… your statement just doesn’t hold water. You read that off the net… Read into in it as you wish, but understand that the “as you call it” Prophet, gave his life for sins in the Bible.. Here’s the Quran…God has promised those of you who have attained to faith and do righteous deeds that, of a certainty, He will make them Khulifa on earth, even as He caused [some of] those who lived before them to become Khulifa; and that, of a certainty, He will firmly establish for them the religion which He has been pleased to bestow on them; and that, of a certainty, He will cause their erstwhile state of fear to be replaced by a sense of security [seeing that] they worship Me [alone], not ascribing divine powers to aught beside Me. But all who, after [having understood] this, choose to deny the truth – it is they, they who are truly iniquitous!” [24:55] (Surah Al-Nur, Verse 55)

11. Ward Damon Hubbard | 02/07/2015 at 11:25 AM |

Obama much like “His Religion” which isn’t “Our Religion”. Is a bold face lie, and really much like his entire Presidency is a bold face lie. Islam and all of it’s lies have no place upon the landscape, nor the fabric of this great nation of ours. he frudelmental truths that this faith holds to be self evident, are in and of themselves, in direct conflict to those documents that we as a nation hold dear. It is a sad state of affairs when those who lead this nation seem to lie with half truths, rather then stand for this nation and what it means to be American. POTUS would rather lead sheep, then endorse and stand with a nation of critical thinkers. As a political professor this POTUS knows exactly what he is doing, and who is in his cabinet of his administration, If one word could sum POTUS up, as an American, it breaks my heart to say, it would be “Liar”

12. My only issue with this is that you say moderate Muslims just don’t take Islam seriously – I do not agree with this.

There are 5 pillars of Islam… Jihad is not the whole religion. 1st pillar is to only follow 1 God and to believe that Mohammad is a prophet. (Christians one of our Ten Commandments is to believe in the one True God), 2nd pillar is to pray 5 times a day, 3rd pillar is to give to the poor, 4th pillar is to fast and have self-control during the month of Ramadan, and 5th is the Hajj or journey to Mecca once in their lifetime. The 5 basic principles are not about killing.

Saying that moderate Muslims just don’t take the religion seriously is just like saying that since I don’t go to church every week I am not really a Christian. Just like the Schism and the break offs of the Catholic Church – there are different believes in Islam. Lutherans didn’t believe in confession – but absolutely everything else in Catholicism. Are they all of a sudden less of a Christian? No it is a different sect of the religion. Christianity has many many different variations. Rejecting different parts of Catholicism (the original Christian religion) and these are perfectly acceptable and not any less of a Christian (in fact they each think that their way is correct).

I just believe that everyone around (Muslim and Christians alike) do not take the time to learn about other religions and the similarities we all have. Islam, Judaism and Christianity believe in the same God. Judaism does not believe that Christ has come yet, Christianity believes in all of Judaism except Christ has come and has added onto Jewish teaching to include the new testament. Islam believes in the old testament, believes in the new testament – but that Jesus was a Prophet not Christ and then they add on with the teachings of Mohammad as the last prophet.

Prophets are not new to any religion. Especially the big 3 monotheistic religions. If we could embrace our similarities more than argue over our differences it may solve some issues.

13. erik thorne | 02/07/2015 at 8:47 AM |

Well then who here supports the Native American tribes and the First Nation Tribes of getting the land God gave them back?

14. Those Christians were trying to prevent the kind of horrors we see taking place today. Funny how I don’t remember seeing any witch trials on TV lately. Oh wait, there was no TV or internet in the 1692!

15. The answer to your question Marshall is the Jews. They were given the land by God when Joshua took it from Canaanites. As far as I know there are no Canaanites left to give it back to. Today Israel runs the Holy Land and allows both Christians and Muslims access to their holy sites.

16. Tu quoque much, Marshall?

17. Marshall McPhink | 02/06/2015 at 3:02 PM |

Funny how the crusades launched by Catholics was simply a war to retake the holy land. And here I thought history taught us it was owned by an Orthodox(not catholic) Rome… Who had righteous claims on the land dating all the way back to… when they conquered it.

18. Marshall McPhink | 02/06/2015 at 2:59 PM |

And the Christians were nothing but cordial to the pagans and witches they met in their history

19. Sandra Dudley | 02/06/2015 at 2:13 PM |

Muslims have been gaining in numbers and territory by torturing and killing unbelievers since the 7th century until the Ottoman empire was broken up after WWI in 1924. They enslaved and raped captive women and children during their rein of terror. They tried to invade Europe many times but were pushed back by the Crusades. Unless we know history we are fooled into believing Terrorism is something new by Islam because of the “terrible things the United States is doing” or because ” Israel was made into a nation after WWII”. The truth is terrorist are following the teachings of the Quran just like they did during the Ottoman empire. Moderate Muslims are just the ones that don’t take Islam seriously. The radical Muslims are the ones who take it seriously because Islam is a radical belief. Islam seeks the establishment of Sharia law that calls for the submission and or death of unbelievers. Our constitution guarantees freedom of religion. Sharia law is, of its own nature, unconstitutional and can not be permitted in order to protect the very freedom of religion it seeks to destroy. The other problem with Islam is it isn’t just a religion, it is also a form of government that seeks to replace other forms of governments.