Marine Letter To First Lady Goes Viral… Read His Response To Hateful Comment!

image                                                     I wanted to share my response to a very hateful comment I received after writing Michelle Obama a letter. I have received thousands of comments in support of the letter but a few were not. One man decided to throw hate my way and grew more frustrated when he got no response. We all have different opinions and I value each one. If we learn how to disagree without hate we just might find the answers. I have included my response to the man who chose to hate. All Comments can be found at the bottom of my letter to the First Lady.  http://dcgazette.com/marines-letter-michelle-obama-marine-tells-like/

Mike Barnwell please allow me to thank you for your opinion and your comments. You talk of ignorance while slinging hateful comments that most have chosen to ignore. Have you not noticed after the numerous hateful comments everyone still chooses to ignore you? The frustration in your words grow with each hateful ignorant rant. As far as my letter it was written with love and sometimes the truth just hurts. You should do your research before getting into a debate with me because the subject of race and love is so important. Your hate for me effects you and only you. It only affects me if I let it and I assure it won’t. Disagreement is cause for debate and to debate we must think. If you wish to debate any subject with me, check your hate at the door. I won’t waste a moment of my life responding to your hateful ignorant comments. I will, however pray for you and in this format express my love for you. To love God is to love all He loves and you sir are no different. You are loved by God, therefore you will forever be loved by me. It won’t take me twenty comments to prove anything to you. I leave you with these words of hope. I pray you wash the hate and frustration from your heart because mine is filled with love and has no room for hate… God bless you sir and I truly wish you the very best, Shep  #Marines4Truth                         image

MikeShepard

After graduating high school I served nine years in the Marines. My loyalty is to God, country, family in that order. I am not your typical writer. I am just a Marine with an opinion. What I write is my opinion and not persuaded by anyone else. My love for this country runs deep, and I have sworn an oath to protect it. I don’t care what color of skin, the church you attend, or your lifestyle choices. You are all loved by God, important to God, and each important to this country… Semper Fi, Shep…You can follow me on twitter @mshep08_mike or #Marine4Truth

19 Comments on "Marine Letter To First Lady Goes Viral… Read His Response To Hateful Comment!"

1. Virginia Herman Banks | 06/23/2015 at 10:53 PM |

WELL SAID MARINE

2. Fred Judd | 06/22/2015 at 9:53 PM |

Thank you Sir for your service . Semper Fi !!

3. Fred Judd | 06/22/2015 at 9:51 PM |

Semper Fi Marine Thank you for. Your time your love of GOD And America . And your vision of what the Obamas are doing to a once great country in a very short period of time . Hopefully they will open their hearts to God and dispell their Muslim belief. May God Bless Them . Yours Truly Former Marine Fred Judd From Missouri

4. timmeister54 | 06/22/2015 at 2:06 AM |

I see from your reply that apparently skin color does play a big part in this USA. Those darned White folks…

5. A very good letter, and something I wish I had said to the Obama’s. Thank You Sir for addressing this problem, I believe she is a very bitter person and is only harming herself when it comes right down to it.

6. Gail Garrison | 06/18/2015 at 12:47 AM |

Thank you so much for your service sir! We are all brothers and sisters in Christ and I am proud you are my brother!!

7. Elva Criswell | 06/17/2015 at 7:57 PM |

Is color the reason she acts the way she does. Then she may be disrespected because of color but she not admit to that and just a few weeks ago she.gave a speech at a graduation which gave everyone a look at what she was . She blamed everything even their race on the whites. We have made it to Martin Luther King’s dream. Every one I know judges a black person not on the color of their skin but on the content of their character. He never dreamed that the content of their character would sink so low was

8. Gloria E. Poindexter-Walcott | 06/17/2015 at 3:09 PM |

To sad that the First Lady of the USA is so disrespected by so many. If you think Color doesn’t play a big part in these USA then you’er foolish.!!

9. Robert Balsavage | 06/16/2015 at 1:10 PM |

This is a message to the Police, to the military, to the TSA, to Homeland Security and to members of every other enforcement arm of the government…………..I know that most of you chose the life in uniform because you love your country; because you believed in what that uniform stood for; because you wanted to serve and protect… but I also know that deep down inside you sense that something has gone terribly wrong.

You’ve watched with the rest of us as elected officials have incrementally legislated our constitutional rights away, you’ve watched as the state surveillance apparatus has expanded like a cancer through the heart of the nation, and you’ve watched as the corruption has become more and more blatant. I can understand why you haven’t wanted to acknowledge the implications of what you are witnessing. To face the reality of what is happening would mean admitting that you’ve been betrayed, and it would mean coming to terms with the fact that you… are working… for criminals.

I don’t envy your position. I know your job depends on you following orders. I know you have families to support and bills to pay, and I know that if you stand up you could loose everything… but what you need to understand is that continuing to submit to unconstitutional, and immoral orders will not protect you from what is coming.

You may tell yourself that you will take a draw your line in the sand later, that there is a certain point where you will say no, but in reality, you crossed the line a long time ago. You are standing on the wrong side of history right now. You are already participating in the destruction of this country, in the trampling of our rights, of your children’s rights, and grandchildren’s rights. You are the enforcement arm of a criminal enterprise, you are a servant of a rapidly expanding police state, and you DO have a choice.

I’m not telling you this to condemn you. I’m telling you this because we the people desperately need you to take a stand. We desperately need you to have the courage to face your commanding officers, and tell them no, I didn’t sign up for this. No this isn’t right. No, I will not obey these unlawful orders.

You took an oath to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. Time to start taking that oath seriously………….*consciousness activism politics*

10. William R Turner | 06/14/2015 at 1:04 PM |

AMEN BROTHER SEMPER FI

11. Robin Lindsey | 06/13/2015 at 5:55 PM |

My heart is POUNDING as if trying to escape my chest to EXPLODE WITH PRIDE???I will save and cherish this MARINES POWERFUL WORDS FORVER AS HE SPEAKS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY…. I am so grateful for ALL who serve???

12. Kenn Winters | 06/11/2015 at 12:31 PM |

OOOHHHRRRAAAHHH MARINE!!!! God, Country, Corps or Family as it is!!!!! Thank you Mr. Shepard for your service and gr8 writing skills, God bless you always!!!

13. Pj McIntyre | 06/10/2015 at 8:16 AM |

Our service members are class acts. Well done Mike. God bless you & and thank you for your service. We owe you all a debt we will never be able to repay. But know that you are always in our prayers that the good Lord blesses you, as I know he will. Take care.

14. bpgagirl22VAnow | 06/10/2015 at 8:05 AM |

Thank you for your service and sacrifice. RIP Daddy, Merchant Marines (age 16) Okinawa and the Philippines then Semper fi, USMC – Korea

15. Miranda Jeralds | 06/09/2015 at 5:55 PM |

What inspired this letter? What did the first lady say?

16. God bless you Army Green Beret… I know a man who served with Col Moore and I admire each of you men and women who served in Vietnam… I respect all who have ever served but Vietnam Vets hold a special place in my heart. 58,000 Names are not just a name on a wall for me brother they are people I love to this day. I love each of you and thank you for living for us! Living for us in that Hell on Earth. Love is never lost it is forever gained! You each gained my love the moment God allowed me my first breath. So very proud of all my American friends. They shall never be lost to me because they are always remembered and in my heart. I carry that love every step I walk? God bless you and all you love… Semper Fi my Green Beret friend…

17. The world shall one day know? Those who gave their lives for this country are not A Hero for ones they Kill, but forever a hero for the lives they saved. Because of them so many shall live and we must never forget! God bless America and all each of you love!

18. God bless you Army Green Beret… I know a man who served with Col Moore and I admire each of you men and women who served in Vietnam… I respect all who have ever served but Vietnam Vets hold a special place in my heart. 58,000 Names are not just a name on a wall for me brother they are people I love to this day. I love each of you and thank you for living for us! Living for us in that Hell on Earth. Love is never lost it is forever gained! You each gained my love the moment God allowed me my first breath. So very proud of all my American friends. They shall never be lost to me because they are always remembered and in my heart. I carry that love every step I walk? God bless you and all you love… Semper Fi my Green Beret friend…

19. disqus_qkfbbS5Tsb | 06/08/2015 at 4:52 PM |

WOW I have seen many many comments from people from all over the country and none compare to this, Well done Marine, i am an Army combat Vet from Vietnam also and have a very deep love for my nation and could not (with 2 collage degrees) could have done close to that in both truth or eloquence, My hats off to you and a few who i remember who did not come home with me, days gone by and ones not yet started will tell the tail of our nation and as we go forward your words will ring loud for those of us who care and love all our fellow Americans, the very best i can do or say to you sir is this, I was not a Marine but from an old Army Green Beret
    (Simper Fi)