Washington You Took The Oath… Defend The Constitution And Do Your Job!

imageOn August 8,1974, Richard Nixon, the 37th president of the United States, announced that he would resign from office, effective at noon the following day. I recall watching the broadcast and learning a valuable lesson at the age of six. I was taught just like every child that not even the president is above the law. This country did not punish Richard Nixon in 1974. This country protected itself from people who think they are above our laws. This country sent a message to the world that everyone is accountable for their actions. The message that all human beings are created equal and not one is better.

That message was meant for everyone, including a thirteen year old boy named Barack Obama. When President Obama first said “If Congress won’t act I will,” he declared war on the Constitution. In January of 2015 new lawmakers were sworn into office. When they took the oath of office they better have paid attention to every word being said. They swore to protect the constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. We have more than a few domestic enemies in Washington. Any lawmaker that allows this lawlessness to continue is as guilty as the ones who are breaking the law. When politicians are not held accountable for the laws they break they become tyrants. When the president isn’t held accountable for the laws he breaks, he becomes a dictator.

I have heard it said that to impeach would be political suicide. If you don’t prosecute these traitors it is suicide for the country. Think about our kids and their future. Send a message to our children that all men are created equal. Demonstrate to the world that everyone in America must abide by our laws. Show the world that if you break our laws you will find yourself in prison. Our laws are not written to punish Barack Obama. Our laws were written to protect us from people like Barack Obama. God bless each and every one of you, and may God forever bless this country,  Shep #Marine4Truth                  image

Comments

MikeShepard
After graduating high school I served nine years in the Marines. My loyalty is to God, country, family in that order. I am not your typical writer. I am just a Marine with an opinion. What I write is my opinion and not persuaded by anyone else. My love for this country runs deep, and I have sworn an oath to protect it. I don't care what color of skin, the church you attend, or your lifestyle choices. You are all loved by God, important to God, and each important to this country... Semper Fi, Shep...You can follow me on twitter @mshep08_mike or #Marine4Truth

36 Comments on "Washington You Took The Oath… Defend The Constitution And Do Your Job!"

1. Charlotte Whitaker | 06/20/2015 at 1:01 AM |

We know he is not for America or he would not trying to destroy the constitution.Why would he wont to do that?

2. john smith | 06/18/2015 at 9:58 AM |

Notice: the Republicans follow Obama like the little Lambs they are.

3. john smith | 06/18/2015 at 9:56 AM |

Never trust the politician you have no idea where he comes from

4. phil box | 05/15/2015 at 11:11 AM |

my guess is their(congress’s) fear of having obama’s buddies cutting off their heads is greater than their fear of the voters unemploying them. thruout history when governments fail it’s citizens they rise up and retake control of things.

5. Do it before it is to late!!!!! At talk no walk!!! Our constitution is not being defended!!! IMPEACH OBAMA

6. When turned 18 in 1965 I enlisted in the Marine Corps. I took an oath, the same oath as these newly elected politicians, to protect and defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. It is now 2015, 50 years since I took that oath, but it still burns in my heart as if I took it just yesterday. As far as I am concerned, and as far as I know, I have never been released from that oath. I went to war in Vietnam after taking my oath, was wounded several times. I truly hope that I, or my children or grandchildren would never have to fight in a war. I hope that these new individuals in office reflect on the oath that they took. I hope they will quicken it to their hearts like I did and do their absolute best for America and it’s citizens. But I tell you this, with all the passion I can muster, if Obama thinks that I or any of the other 20 million veterans in this country will stand for him declaring Martial Law and serving over us as a dictator he is sorely mistaken. I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

7. Gwen Whittington | 03/18/2015 at 10:21 AM |

If we send him and all his buddies to prison it would, of course, have to be a five star hotel fully staffed. In their minds they would deserve no less. Please, just a little remodeling to Alcatraz and it would be perfect. We could pull a boat to the dock once a month, throw off supplies and leave them to their own little communist corner of the world. Put cameras up, reality survivor.

8. Paul Houck | 03/06/2015 at 7:24 PM |

Yes DEFEND the Constitution like you where voted into Congress and STOP Kissing Obama’s ASS IMPEACH that SOB

9. John Phillipson | 03/01/2015 at 4:43 PM |

Revolution is the only way to fix america now

10. Andy Mattice | 02/23/2015 at 5:10 PM |

Correct me for my thinking, but is it time for citizens and veterans organizations, to support and require congress pass a bill to mandate that each day congress is in session a member of each branch of military be represented by a homeless veteran or VA Hospital patient stand before the US Congress and be given 30 minutes to tell his story as to how Congress affected him with their in actions. Reminding them of promises and commitments unfulfilled for honorable Services rendered to this country and Congress

11. Mark Wickham | 02/16/2015 at 10:56 AM |

It is the House of Representatives duty to bring charges against the president, it is why they are elected. To protect the Constitution of the United States. Contact your Representatives and stay on their asses until they figure out we are serious about them doing their jobs to protect America especially from within.

12. aznative | 02/06/2015 at 2:34 PM |

Muslims are the enemy of all nations. That is not America’s fault they’ve been pulling this crap since this tribe begin. They are the reason for the crusades. Obama is no American. And congress needs to arrest him as a traitor and remove him or they will be charged with him. We’ve had enough. This is a Christian nation. Islam is a cult.

13. Walter Hewitt | 01/27/2015 at 7:58 AM |

Socialists have been calling themselves “progressives” for over a century…probably much longer…Nothing of this national nightmare is new, except that it has gone much farther than socialist/progressive/liberal movements of our past…and no one of good conscience or good sense has lifted a finger to slow it, stop it or reverse it. Oh, they’ve lifted their voices – especially when elections loomed…but they have done little else beyond to serve or to save our nation.

Very few (if any) politicians go to Washington with the plan to serve a couple of terms – maybe three – and then return to private life after having done their unselfish best to make a positive difference for the nation, its people, and its future generations…They all, especially the Senators, set about establishing a mini-kingdom in Washington…they have sycophant-loaded staffs of gofers and fawners…and their little empires get more powerful as the years roll by…

‘Gone is the time when elected representatives would join either house of Congress with the intent to make a positive difference for not just their constituents, but for the nation as a whole… and then at some point (after a couple of terms – maybe three) return to their homes and families having done their good work and served the nation honorably. These people have no honor. They serve the most base of human weaknesses: greed, power, lust, narcissism, envy…etc.
    Certainly, We, the People are the farthest thing from their minds or their consciences, except when election season rolls around.
    It’s no wonder that the overall public opinion of our national houses of Congress is dismally low, and that their job approval scoring with their constituents is so low as to almost be unmeasurable (single digits)…

14. Progressives are the new Socialists. They know people are wary of socialism, so they’ve changed their name to fool us.

15. Charlie Vest | 12/21/2014 at 12:35 AM |

WRONG !! Impeachment is the act of bringing the charges.

16. Independent Voter | 12/21/2014 at 12:25 AM |

I have written my Rep and Senators reminding them of their oath of office. I have sent the same letter to Boehner. They are all, at my estimation, acomplices to treason if they do nothing. We will find out in January, one way or another.

17. Nobody has the balls to impeach “the first black president”. Cowards.

18. Sandra Dudley | 12/17/2014 at 3:28 PM |

Ferguson was just a shot over the

19. partswizard | 12/02/2014 at 9:42 PM |

Impeach Obama or resign your position

20. Gerald Vick | 12/02/2014 at 12:52 AM |

In January it can happen

21. Gerald Vick | 12/02/2014 at 12:51 AM |

You’re right. But come January, Impeachment will be a plausible solution. Republicans have control of both houses and we can do this thing!

22. smooth1063 | 11/29/2014 at 8:26 AM |

But Wall St. is congress R or D and they need cheap foreign labor not US for max profits Unity through guaranteed,swift and blind justice is dead . Rights have become doled out privileges = tread all over US.not our check though?= China has fought against US in every conflict and war= Made in China = WTF?

23. Colleen Cardoza Souza | 11/28/2014 at 10:07 PM |

Then wait until January 1st the Republicans will be running things! and if Obama vetos it like he had been threatening to do from the beginning we will have the 2/3 of the votes we will need to get things done!

24. BrotherPatriot | 11/28/2014 at 4:56 AM |

Great Job, Mike Shepard.

25. BrotherPatriot | 11/28/2014 at 4:55 AM |

I agree 100% with the message of this article.
    Hooyah & God Bless.

26. I fear that BHO will not be held accountable for his actions because 1) He is the first ( half ) Black President 2) Congressional Republicans do NOT want to go on record as being racist towards him by trying to remove him from office and 3) The GOP Establishment sees him as doing nothing differently than they would do if they were in the same situation. Power corrupts, and total power corrupts totally; they want to be in on it.

27. aquafuji | 11/23/2014 at 11:49 AM |

To impeach is political suicide, that’s the least of your problems! Its still political suicide IF you don’t. WE the people have not only asked, WE the people are demanding you impeach him, and every other politicians that have made it possible for him to get away with his actions!

28. Clint Mitchell | 11/23/2014 at 10:54 AM |

A bloody revolt, and a TAKEOVER of our Government is the ONLY solution. Government has become far too corrupt to ever clean up the mess that they created. CITIZENS must take control, and right this ship. Many will die, and MANY will die in PRISON, or the Republic is DOOMED!

29. MarioRom | 11/20/2014 at 4:41 PM |

You know tonight Obama gives 10 zillion Mexicans with the stroke of a pen and you won’t say a word. That my friend is unconstitutional. I’m just wondering if some president decides to make abortion illegal considering we are guaranteed LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness if you’ll equally keep your trap shut.

30. Clint Mitchell | 11/16/2014 at 6:00 AM |

Hey SUPER-GENIUS! We still need a two-thirds vote in the Senate! YOU MAKE THAT HAPPEN!

31. Clint Mitchell | 11/16/2014 at 5:57 AM |

Start deporting muSLIMES! STARTING with the Obozo Administration!

32. Syclonedave | 11/11/2014 at 11:36 PM |

Obama promised in his book that he would take America down from #1 in the world because of how America treated his Muslim brotherhood.
    He is only fulfilling his first promise.
    Our Socialist controlled media told us to vote for this Muslim raised, Arab named, Socialist schooled man that has a past that is sealed from the public.
    Did we expect anything to go right?
    He never even ran a candy store and now he is running America to the ground.

33. Patriotfire | 11/10/2014 at 10:08 AM |

There is no working with this president. This president doesnt want to work with congress and now the soon to be republican senate. He wants to act not as a president but as a king or a dictator. This man is power hungry. Impeachment according to the constitution the only remedy.

34. MarioRom | 11/10/2014 at 8:40 AM |

You know, some of the “IDIOTS” posting here should not access to the Internet. Up until this past election, there was NO WAY Obama could be impeached. Why? Glad you asked. The way impeachment works, the Congress presses charges and prosecutes, but the “trial” is held in the Senate. With Democrats running the Senate, how do you think they would have voted? What? Obama innocent even with the videotape evidence? Yes. That’s what would have happened. Now the adults control the House and the Senate so impeachment is a more palatable option. I say let him issue an executive order on Amnesty, then impeach him. Immigration is the domain of the Congress, not the Bama.

35. I respectfully disagree with the author, I think the day the head of the Republican party threw a dinner and explained that anyone who passes anything by the President would be chastised he forced the hand. I would rather our president use his presidential power to bypass a lame duck house and senate, then sit and wait for his term to be up. I agree with the theory of government and not allowing one person absolute power, but when congress decides to halt everything because they don’t like the president, that hurts us all. You don’t have to like the president, but you should like the idea of him and at least try to work. Just my opinion.

36. kid_you_not | 11/08/2014 at 11:37 PM |

The GOP is responsible for this. Ron Paul would have won against Obama and you wouldn’t have Obamacare. But the GOP has been hijacked by Israel-firsters and they won’t tolerate someone who puts American interests before Israel’s so you ended up with a joke of a candidate McCain who everyone knew would lose.