California Parents Pull Son From Public School Class Teaching Islam

islam-in-schools-2

It happened again.  A parent saw a child’s assignment regarding Islam and the parent objected to what is being taught in a public school – the faith tenets of Islam.  This time in California and this time with more details as to what parents objected to in a school assignment.  From Breitbart:

The father continued, “What I saw written in these bubbles was, ‘The one true God, Allah’ in one of the bubbles. In one of the other bubbles was ‘All people must submit to Allah,’ in another bubble. The I turned the page over and I see the five pillars of Islam.”

As in other cases where this sort of assignment has surfaced and parents object, the parents insist that learning the basic history of religion – all of the major religions – is not at issue, it is teaching the actual faith particularly in declarative statements that is not acceptable – and that the standard is not uniform across the different religions.

Father: “Can you imagine the outcry all over this country if children were bringing home paperwork that asked them to write down John 3:16, or asked them to write down the 10 Commandments?”

Mother: “And if it ended with the Declaration of the Faith, Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior? That’s what the equivalent, I mean, part of us, for our son? We’d be happy about that.”

Father: “But some parents may not be.”

They wouldn’t be happy about rote Catechism, either, as we Catholics used to recite in those same sorts of declarative statements during the Baltimore Catechism days that the father in this case claims to have seen on his child’s assignment.  In parochial school, it’s fine, but public school has no business teaching the tenets of any faith in the absolute mantras true believers recite.

As in other cases across the country, the administration of the middle school in Manhattan Beach, California refused to alter the assignment, and the parents pulled their son from class.  Would that more parents speak up about their objections and maybe this will come to an end.

Comments

Cultural Limits
A resident of Flyover Country, Cultural Limits is a rare creature in American Conservatism - committed to not just small government, Christianity and traditional social roles, but non-profits and high arts and culture. Watching politics, observing human behavior and writing are all long-time interests. In her other life, CL writes romance novels under her nom de plume, Patricia Holden (@PatriciaHoldenAuthor on Facebook), and crochets like a mad woman (designs can be found on Facebook @BohemianFlairCrochet and on Pinterest on the Bohemian Flair Crochet board). In religion, CL is Catholic; in work, the jill of all trades when it comes to fundraising software manipulation and event planning; in play, a classically trained soprano and proud citizen of Cardinal Nation, although, during hockey season, Bleeds Blue. She lives in the Mid-Mississippi River Valley with family and two cute and charming tyrants...make that toy dogs.

169 Comments on "California Parents Pull Son From Public School Class Teaching Islam"

1. Exactly, why dont’ you go learn something.

2. You must not live in the United States, our religion is Fascism. Our government is being run for the benefit of the Business class.

3. MarioRom | 11/20/2014 at 5:01 PM |

In a way you’re right – The religion of the State called Communism.

4. MarioRom | 11/20/2014 at 5:00 PM |

If you are responding to me, World War II began because the Germans wanted more land. Their first grab was the industrial Rheinland (which is in Germany but under the WWI armistice agreement no troops could be garrisoned there). The French could have stopped them cold at the first act of aggression but didn’t. Then came the invasion of the Sudetenland in Czechoslovakia because of a “large number of ethnic Germans living there. The Nazi’s were PAGAN so I don’t know which religion you think they killed Jews in the name of. As for Jews, the Germans from what some scholars believe were descendants of the people referred to as the Assyrians, one of their ancient mortal enemies. That was based upon a note in Greek history which refers to a people called the Assarei (sp) that passed through heading west. So no, it wasn’t religion. They also killed Christians when they wanted to.

5. MarioRom | 11/20/2014 at 4:31 PM |

I may be strange but you’re the clown that looks like a dog. Sheesh!
    You gotta envy the gaffones. They don’t know how dumb they really are.

6. Is what a threat? Why do you believe that someone has to be a liberal to not believe in your Christian fairy tales. I am a conservative, American Veteran, Patriot and political activist.

7. You don’ t thing the first amendment takes care of that? To make such a statement means you can deny 238 years of history and law. I don’t guess reality means anything to you at all.

8. In fact we are still at war because of religion and the choices the world made after WWII.

9. You are not willing to look at the expanse of history, you are only using a bit of history that support your beliefs, nothing more than I would expect from a fundamentalist Christian.

10. The churches did not preserve civilization, if anything they impeded progress.

11. I believe you are right, my god certainly is not a god of murder and destruction.

12. I have no disagreement with people of faith, I am a believer myself.

13. are what, your enemy?

14. Uncle Sam and three years in Vietnam taught me to take care of myself.

15. Tea patroit | 11/13/2014 at 11:20 PM |

Most progressive indoctrinated liberals are. Is that a threat. You better hope you are around someone with common sense to protect your A**

16. It is pretty foolish to have distain for learning. What part of East Texas are you from?

17. Tea patroit | 11/13/2014 at 11:15 PM |

You already are. And many more are. Common sense.

18. You an I agree then, I hate organized religion. Why are you arguing with me if we agree?

19. Tea patroit | 11/13/2014 at 11:11 PM |

and you will lose Mr.Educated. Endoctrinated

20. Tea patroit | 11/13/2014 at 11:04 PM |

Those Armageddon fearing crazy people will make more sense than anything written here. None of you have a clue. Only God has control of what is coming. When it is coming. How it is coming and why it is coming. Stop trying to second guess. You only make fools of yourselves. Instead of trying to see who is the most educated try using common sense. In the end the educated or indoctrinated will parish for lack of knowledge. Being educated and knowledge are two different things. Being educated is to be trained, to discipline the mind. Knowledge is a direct perception, understanding a practical skill.(common sense). It will be the people with common sense that will survive when all Hell breaks loose. Jesus said beware of organized religion. Remember the Pharasees?

21. I was raised in a fundamentalist church and after escaping fundamentalism I spent another twenty years learning about religion, finding god and recovering from being raised by Armageddon fearing crazy people. I did take some comparative religion classes in college as part of that journey, but they only provided information for the next part of my journey.

22. I remember taking ‘world relgions’ in college. In school, one just learns the basics about a religon….they do not practice. Take the blinders off of you and your kids. Knowledge is power. Always keep in mind…what is forbidden to kids…they will crave it.

23. But you see, I do not believe in your god. So, you may not be able to posses your god, but mine is a different story.

24. you seemed interested, in fact you are so obsessed with me you have looked up many of my past posts.

25. I would be proud to teach beside them

26. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:18 PM |

Nether I or you can declare God to be “theirs”. God can’t be possessed. God just is.

27. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:15 PM |

Like Krugman or Reich I suppose.

28. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:13 PM |

Why would I want to know?

29. why because you are a putz?

30. only if you are trying to force your beliefs on me

31. I hope your god leaves me alone, I like my god just fine

32. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:10 PM |

ASt least you can stay on the paper and stop messing up the rest of the house.

33. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:09 PM |

People don’t choose God, God chooses them.

34. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:08 PM |

Yes like the Soviet Union, Red China, etc.

35. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:08 PM |

Have a Milk Bone, your breath needs it.

36. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:07 PM |

In a conflict, the two of you would be under a blanket, sucking your thumbs.

37. Have fun at church with your ignorance.

38. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:06 PM |

You are an enemy of humanity.

39. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:05 PM |

You need to stop talking to your own reflection.

40. I didn’t say I was published, but “In Context” published several of my articles. Problem is you will not know who I am.

41. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:04 PM |

If only a very tiny one.

42. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:04 PM |

Going to college these days is where you unlearn reality.

43. no, your denial does not make your statement true

44. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:03 PM |

Can we find Keith a real Scotsman, Sean Connery maybe?

45. So, you did not even bother with Google

46. no but they let me teach business

47. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:02 PM |

Not a very impressive one. There should be a caption by your avatar, (actual size).

48. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 5:01 PM |

Well, you are pretty revolting.

49. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 4:59 PM |

I wonder if they would let you teach basket weaving?

50. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 4:57 PM |

It is not a matter of belief, you are just full of it, and Communist related deaths are more like 100 million. Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, all the various Eastern Bloc dictators, etc.

51. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 4:55 PM |

Not.

52. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 4:54 PM |

With good reason.

53. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 4:54 PM |

You are full of it. Catholicism invented the concept of the University, and the monasteries preserved civilization during the “Dark Ages” which, by the way, were not all that dark.

54. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 4:52 PM |

No, that would be atheism. See above.

55. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 4:51 PM |

So therefore you have brought nothing to the debate.

56. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 4:51 PM |

Where are you published, or is that all fantasy too?

57. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 4:50 PM |

No one in this thread is more indoctrinated than you “Ol Blue”.

58. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 4:49 PM |

No, the fact that you are making this stuff up out of whole cloth makes you wrong.

59. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 4:48 PM |

But apparently you can just make stuff up and pretend like you really know, like you are doing.

60. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 4:46 PM |

You don’t have a historical view, you have a “I picked these numbers randomly because they sound impressive, and I actually have no idea if they represent reality but I hate religion so if they are not true, at least they help me make my point.”

61. Timothy J. Corbitt | 11/13/2014 at 4:43 PM |

There is no statistical evidence for your claims of millions killed, The biggest murderers in all of human history have been Atheists, Mao, 70 million killed, Stalin, 20 million killed, or Pagans, Hitler, at least 12 million killed. Atheism is the champ of all ideas when it comes to mass murder.

62. Are you claiming that religion had nothing to do with WWII? I’m sure there are a lot of Jewish people who would disagree with you on that!

63. tonylogon | 11/08/2014 at 2:39 AM |

Jason well said..

64. I think this is so dumb, they try to take the “under God” out of the pledge of allegiance and now this? This poor country is going in a horrible direction right now.

65. And you believe that religious people murdered less than 25 million? you are strange person, I am sure they have a community college where you live, give it a try.

66. MarioRom | 11/07/2014 at 5:43 PM |

It doesn’t matter if I believe you or not. A fact is a fact. I believe I debunked your argument. 25 Million people killed during World War II alone – Not caused by any religion.

67. If I ever do an article abut the good religion did I will take your advise into consideration. The problem with Christians is you think you are the only ones who are religious.

68. Randy Owens | 11/07/2014 at 3:08 PM |

My late Cherokee Grand Father told me back in the 60’s never trust ANYBODY who hated dogs and bacon. Little did I know in the 20st century he truly meant Islam. From what I see? Islam is truly EVIL! Get over it liberals.

69. A logical person would bring something to the debate. I was not blaming only Christians either.

70. I really don’t care if you do not believe me. I spent many years healing from my Christian raising and the amount of people murdered in the name of religion has not been equaled in secular wars.

71. WitchWay | 11/07/2014 at 10:53 AM |

Except – when the missionaries trample all over those peoples belief’s that they have had for perhaps thousands of years, replacing those beliefs with Christianity. That is not right! So many different groups have totally lost their culture due to the meddling of missionaries. Just look at what was done to the Native American peoples who were enslaved to build the Churches all over southern CA. And how about all those Native American Indian Schools that robbed them of their languages and forced them to be “white”?

72. MarioRom | 11/07/2014 at 10:41 AM |

Kieth – Your information is incorrect. When people such as yourself make the false statement that “religion has killed more people…” it is an incorrect premise. A university professor who has studied the Inquisition for decades (and he based his findings on records maintained at the Vatican), (and while one death is too many) in the 350 years of the Inquisition, only a average of 18 people were executed. That was the average, but say it was 18 per year. That was only 6,300 people, and included (in case you didn’t know) Christians as well.

The number of those killed during the combined Crusades average (depending on source) a total of between 1 million on the low end and 9 million at at the high end. Putting that aside for a minute, the ideology you appear to follow (which is Leftist, Socialist, Marxist, Communist) in the first half of the 20th Century killed in excess (and this is the low ball figure) of 25 million people. So who is it that “has killed more people?”

73. Let me get in my time machine to go back and stop what has happened in the past. Like any person of faith we would condemn violence and distance ourselves from those people. So the history of religion is what your argument stands on? You’re at fault as much as the rest of us today. Change it Keith stop blaming everyone else. Also how are your grouping everyone under the “Christian” name being negative. “No good historian would disregard the good of religion and focus only on the negative”

74. Deborah Auada | 11/07/2014 at 9:53 AM |

If Bibles are not allowed then allahs cult of lies and hate should not be in schools. I check my sons school work and homework for this Islamic garbage every day. If I ever see anything like this I’m taking him out of school!

75. BajaDreamer | 11/07/2014 at 7:37 AM |

Whiney people like you who have nothing better t do that come into a conversation like this 4 days after the fact aren’t worth talking to at all in general.

Now then, please show me the first, last, or any time in between where I’ve said that people like Keith and you don’t have the right to believe as you wish? Can’t do that huh? That’s because I never said any such thing lady.

Nice try.

76. BajaDreamer | 11/07/2014 at 7:33 AM |

Hardly. And if you’d bothered to read the entire conversation you’d know it wasn’t about that at all lady.

77. I am not an enemy unless your religion gets in the way of my life. You will care if we have to rise against you to stop the takeover of our government by the Christian Right.

78. mary witte | 11/06/2014 at 10:44 PM |

is that because you are to close minded to accept some one else belief or lack of beleif

79. mary witte | 11/06/2014 at 10:43 PM |

oh boy her we go with the swearing from one of gods little bullies, stop telling people you know what your talking about and be aware that people are allowed to believe or not as the choose. More religious crap from some one who obviously would not pass his gods rule

80. Ann Green | 11/06/2014 at 10:00 PM |

Who cares if you become an enemy? You already appear to be.

81. Robert G Strait | 11/06/2014 at 1:54 AM |

there should be no religious teaching of any type in a public, federally funded school. period.

82. If they say they are fighting for god, then they are fighting for god. Your “No True Scotsman” argument is so tired, no one except the indoctrinated believe that crap.

83. Joshua C | 11/05/2014 at 9:08 PM |

Your lack of critical thinking skills is what makes you wrong. Man kind has always had a penchant for violence. Religion has been used as an excuse throughout history. Without religion, those in power would have found another excuse. You have a poor understanding of cause and effect throughout history.

84. BajaDreamer | 11/05/2014 at 1:43 AM |

You aren’t capable.

85. Armand Tetreault | 11/04/2014 at 8:24 AM |

Your revisionist history is almost as bad as all those lying muslims re-writing history.

86. Jason Slover | 11/03/2014 at 12:25 PM |

It may not be, but its fact that since the beginning of time people have been killing people in the name of GOD. Religion is a means for war. While I do believe in a God I don’t follow any religions, and I damn sure don’t think god wants me to kill anyone for him!!!

87. My view certainly is not popular. Thanks.

88. William Pike | 11/03/2014 at 11:57 AM |

Kieth, this may not be popular and is sure to garner some negative comments, but I agree with you 100%,, while true that many good things have been done in the name of religion, many more negative things have been done by organized religion or as a result of organized religion,, if not for the grip of the Catholic church on the world we would not have had the dark ages,, just think of the advancements of the last 100 years,, if we had not had the dark ages, we would be about 400 years further along the path of technological advancement now,, we would probably have colonies in space,, cured cancer and who knows what else,,,

89. I see, the “no true Scotsman” argument. Well if they call themselves Christians then that is what they are. If they call themselves Muslims that is what they are. I have a historical view, it isn’t bizarre. Take a look in your bible, even in there they are murdering people because their “god” told them to.

90. Armand Tetreault | 11/03/2014 at 11:04 AM |

Well than you are copping out. It’s not religion as a whole: It is evil religions. It is insane to think that true Christians fit your bizzar world view.

91. Education includes history, you can’t change that with good intentions.

92. Education includes history, you can’t change that with good intentions.

93. I am not trying to insult you I am trying to educate you.

94. I believe murdering millions upon millions of people in the name of god can not be redeemed by a few missionaries handing out medical supplies.

95. Sorry, your lack of historical education does not make me wrong.

96. Joshua C | 11/03/2014 at 7:28 AM |

That’s total bull shit and an uneducated cop out.

97. Armand Tetreault | 11/03/2014 at 7:05 AM |

You are either blind or choosing to be ignorant. Religion through missionaries have done more help to people than you could ever know.

98. BajaDreamer | 11/03/2014 at 1:45 AM |

The ONLY thing that has been “evident” here at all is that you are an obtuse @$$h073 who makes far too many ASSumptions about other people and then when you can’t back up your own BS you resort to lame attempts at insult because you have nothing else to work with.

99. BajaDreamer | 11/03/2014 at 1:42 AM |

Did I say anywhere at all that they are the same? Sorry, but I did not say that at all.

If that is what you meant then why didn’t you simply say so in the first place?

How many people of Jewish decent have we even had run for the office of president? Out of those comparatively few, how many were selected by their party as the nominee?

100. There have been many governments that did not have a religious basis. The people do not have to be Atheist to not want your god and his rules in charge.

101. Fer Morales | 11/02/2014 at 9:21 PM |

The people you are talking about are only jewish by birth, not by conviction. It would be too much to expect a conspiracy fucktard like you to know this, I guess

102. Fer Morales | 11/02/2014 at 9:20 PM |

Yes, because jews advocate the beheading of people and suicide bomb attacks. Oh wait…

103. Victory_for_Freedom_2014 | 11/02/2014 at 8:58 PM |

There have been experiments with Atheist governments. The Communist governments of Stalin, Pol Pot, and Mao outdid–by tens of millions of lives–the outrageous barbarity of the Nazis.

104. Victory_for_Freedom_2014 | 11/02/2014 at 8:54 PM |

What is the religious myth of the Holocaust?

105. Victory_for_Freedom_2014 | 11/02/2014 at 8:54 PM |

Who is going to be blamed when kids start getting radicalized in the LAUSD? Maybe stoning girls that dress provocatively, because that’s what the Quran says?

106. Roger Springfield | 11/02/2014 at 8:53 PM |

So, the Jewish faith and Christianity are the same? Many religions have had these laws. What I meant is why haven’t we had a person of the Jewish faith as president?

107. Victory_for_Freedom_2014 | 11/02/2014 at 8:52 PM |

I don’t disagree that religion is the most destructive force in history; but faith is not.

108. I dont’ need to know anything about your education, it is evident that you have very little.

109. BajaDreamer | 11/02/2014 at 6:20 PM |

Uh, ‘scuse me there genius. Just exactly where have I said anything here that is remotely “political rhetoric”?
    Try and stay on topic would you please, and stop calling people things like “liar” and accusing them of saying or speaking about thing which they didn’t.
    I’d also point out that you don’t have a clue concerning my education, so that comment was rather asinine too. But I’ve come to expect no less from you, and certainly no more.

110. BajaDreamer | 11/02/2014 at 6:14 PM |

I was not referring at all to who had or had not been president, but rather to the laws and foundational documents which ARE what “rules”, or put differently “governs” this country. I’m sorry I wasn’t more clear on that.
    As for the “Judeo” portion of that comment, all of the Ten Commandments and the rest of what is referred to as “Mosaic Law” came well before Christ and were handed down to the Jewish people which is where we (Christians) got them from.

111. Roger Springfield | 11/02/2014 at 2:25 PM |

I think “been ruled by Christian tenets” (ie: President = Ruler) would be more appropriate. I don’t recall any jews being president. Or Catholics for that matter (except Kennedy and he didn’t last long).

112. Religion is the most destructive force in human history.

113. Religion is the most destructive force in human history.;

114. Roger Springfield | 11/02/2014 at 2:18 PM |

I don’t think religion was the cause – it is the fuel.

115. Roger Springfield | 11/02/2014 at 2:17 PM |

I guess that I am totally confused about the prayer in school issue in general. If you want your kids to pray everyday, just say a prayer with them before they go to school or when you get home from work or any other time. Is there something special about the time of day one prays? Other than the history of religions, why would it be taught there?

116. Roger Springfield | 11/02/2014 at 2:12 PM |

Who would think of “bowing” to atheist or believers? Religions are all based on faith. Faith means that you think it is true because you believe it to be true.

117. Roger Springfield | 11/02/2014 at 2:08 PM |

We need all religion out of our lives. Won’t ever happen. Odd how the only religion that is right is the one that a person happens to choose as his/her “faith”.

118. Armand Tetreault | 11/02/2014 at 12:59 PM |

We need Islam out of our country if it plans on running our country (which is what it does because it’s a religion of world domination) but we need to encourage Godliness in our country and eliminate the bowing to atheistic bullies like you.

119. kid_you_not | 11/02/2014 at 12:06 PM |

Look up who has been importing BLACK Muslims in to places like Minnesota. It was JEWISH Family Services. Worried about Muslims? That is focussing on only the symptom.

120. kid_you_not | 11/02/2014 at 12:05 PM |

They do teach about Christianity. They teach the religious myth of the “Holocaust.”

121. kid_you_not | 11/02/2014 at 12:04 PM |

How many Supreme Court Justices are Muslim? How many are Jews? You folks seem to have your aim mis-calibrated on purpose.

122. kid_you_not | 11/02/2014 at 12:03 PM |

Hold up the same sign “Stop Jewish infiltration in to our schools, government, media, etc…”

123. That is a ridiculous theory, many governments have existed without any religious basis in the government or the community..

124. Joel Busher | 11/02/2014 at 11:19 AM |

The meaning, the definition, of church (any kind of church) is community, and the legal arm of any community is civil government which is responsible for enforcing the values of the community. To have a separation of church (community) from government is to invite danger to the community by a government in opposition to the values and beliefs of the community. Peace in a Christian community requires the support of government. Christians in America had that peace until their government went to another community (secular humanist), and now government is waging war against the Christian community.
    Those who do not agree with Christianity cry separation of church and state while declaring the right of Atheism and State or Islam and State or any other ism and state. This is nature of the war against Christianity in America. If Christians are the majority in America, it is within their power to restore government as the arm of the Christian community, and those opposing the will of the majority are refusing to live under principles of the American republic

125. Michael Lamp | 11/02/2014 at 10:50 AM |

The phrase “separation of church and state”, was expressed in a letter to a religious group being persecuted by a state that was predominately another sect, by Thomas Jefferson. In effect, it was up individual states to determine how religion is to be integrated into political and social morays of that states constitution.

126. unlike you who would rather believe political rhetoric instead of getting an education.

127. BajaDreamer | 11/02/2014 at 9:47 AM |

If you were informed and knew history, you’d know that in fact Joel Busher was in fact telling the truth above and not lying at all as you’ve accused him of doing in your omniscient fervor. Therefore you quite obviously do not know history.
    I also wouldn’t be bragging about “reading the paper” if I were you. That only takes about a 4th grade education.

128. BajaDreamer | 11/02/2014 at 9:44 AM |

What a sad little person you are. You have called someone a liar who presented you with easily verifiable historical fact, rather that having the common decency and courtesy to check them before spewing. Nice.
    I also wouldn’t talk about “ignorance” if I were you after the way you’ve fully demonstrated yours right here.

129. you are wrong, enjoy ignorance and your funny zombie religion with your three in one god.

130. How can I be misinformed, I know history, I can read the paper.

131. BajaDreamer | 11/02/2014 at 9:12 AM |

Sorry, but if you believe that you are sadly misinformed.

132. BajaDreamer | 11/02/2014 at 9:11 AM |

From a historical view point, this nation has always, (At least up until quite recently.), been ruled by Judeo/Christian tenets which are in fact the basis for many of it’s basic laws and foundational documents………..once again whether you like them, or agree with them, or not!

133. Where are the atheist busybody groups now?????

134. Thank you Keith for being a shining example of sanity in this complete nuthouse of a forum! I would be proud to serve next to you!

135. NO, I am pointing out that your argument is a straw man argument. You ignorant internet intellectuals need to go to school and learn what these things really mean like “straw man argument” You have not been to college and studied history or you couldn’t even believe the things you have said about the Founding Fathers.

136. grimmata | 11/02/2014 at 1:36 AM |

SO, no argument about the fact that you have been indoctrinated to believe that everything the “Founding Fathers’ believed was wrong. Just build another straw man and hope no one points out your logical flaws.

137. grimmata | 11/02/2014 at 1:32 AM |

There is no “separation of church and state” anywhere in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

138. I am not challenging his beliefs, I am saying I am an enemy of any religion ruling our nation.

139. no he is lying

140. No, all the desert religions are violent and hateful, I have no need for your Yahweh, or Alla.

141. BajaDreamer | 11/02/2014 at 12:14 AM |

Perhaps you would prefer to live by someone else’s Quran?

142. BajaDreamer | 11/02/2014 at 12:10 AM |

Nnnnoooooo……..he is just citing facts……..whether you like them, or agree with them, or not!

143. BajaDreamer | 11/02/2014 at 12:08 AM |

What you swore to was that you would protect his right to his beliefs……..whether you like them, or agree with them, or not!

144. joey babino | 11/02/2014 at 12:02 AM |

Its interesting that the atheists are not suing over this…maybe not atheists at all…just anti Christian…just dumbshidiots?…libtards?

145. Michael Sultana | 11/01/2014 at 11:41 PM |

Unbelievable. It’s the same here in Australia. It’s like the powers that be, even those that claim to be centre right or right wing want Islam to take over our nations ? What the fkn hell is going on ? Is it time we got sick of all the talk and ignored western governments and their gutless posturing ?

146. Bill Riordan | 11/01/2014 at 10:54 PM |

Islam…the cancer spreading in the United States.

147. Pam Fowler | 11/01/2014 at 10:50 PM |

Same standards apply. If they can’t teach about Christianity they can’t teach Islam. School prayer isn’t allowed due to “Separation of Church and State.” the same goes for Islam. What’s it going to take to stop this? Parents suing the schools like the Atheists do? By the way Why aren’t the Atheists suing over this. Prayer to God is Prayer to God even is His name is Allah.

148. jtak101 | 11/01/2014 at 9:56 PM |

Teaching islam in our public schools is not a local idea..this crap is ordered from the top, and rolls down hill, just like crap, from the stinking muslim occupying our White House.

149. They did put in the “swear or affirm” choice because some of the Christian fundamentalists couldn’t swear.

150. “I, “young marine” do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”
    It says nothing about God first, Country second and family third. By the way, the so help me god part, doesn’t mean your god. It applies to the god that each soldier chooses.

151. Keith when you took your oath you took it as … GOD 1st, Country 2nd and family 3rd and to defend the constitution. Remember that

152. “under god” was added much later with pressure from your fundamentalists friends. For the most part Eisenhower was a wise man, he screwed up that time.

153. Joel Busher | 11/01/2014 at 5:58 PM |

Can you take the American Pledge of Allegiance?

“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all”

In 1954, President Eisenhower responded to the Communist threat by encouraging Congress to add the
    words “under God” to America’s pledge of Allegiance. Communism is based on atheism. America is not an atheist nation and to proclaim this and encourage national atheism is to redefine America and is to join the communist
    conquest of America thereby adding your name to the list of America’s domestic enemies.

154. Your Fundamentalist preacher made that crap up.

155. I see, the “no real Scotsman” argument.

156. grimmata | 11/01/2014 at 5:32 PM |

When you took your oath & signed your contract, did you think about what has caused every single war in the history of mankind? Birth rates & Trade routes. Religion has just been an excuse. Thanks for being indoctrinated by the progressives who have taken away family, faith, morals and the value of life from the citizens of your country.

157. Joel Busher | 11/01/2014 at 5:29 PM |

Five Pillars of Americanism 1. Declaration of Independence – Inalienable rights granted by the Creator 2. US Constitution’s subscription clause that declares Jesus “our Lord.” 3. National motto: “In God We Trust” 4. Pledge of Allegiance – one nation under God 5. Ten Commandments display in the Supreme Court Building.

158. Religion has no place in government. That being said, I wouldn’t want any religion forced down my child’s throat. If they were teaching Islam from a historic standpoint, that might be different. But to actually include the 5 pillars of islam, and submit to allah, UMMMMMM…….NO! If they are teaching about religious conflicts throughout history, well….okay. That would be just like them having the 10 commandments, and making kids pray. I DON’T THINK SO. Religious preferences need to be left to the family, and in church.

159. you can be sure of one thing, I am your sworn enemy.

160. Joel Busher | 11/01/2014 at 3:42 PM |

Religion and State Inseparable…
    Society is created by the religion/doctrine of the people. It is religion that defines the values of a nation. It is a myth that there can be religious freedom in a nation for religion or doctrine creates community values which direct the police powers of the state or nation. The question is whose religion, whose values, will control public authority? Additionally, when one religion is overcome by another religion, for example, as the Christian religion is overcome by the religion of atheism in America, the police powers of the state or nation changes direction.
    George Washington called government a machine. This machine is the most dangerous instrument in the human community, a machine guided by community values. A machine that determines life and death, liberty or imprisonment, property and taxation, the definition of marriage, fines and penalties, and citizen’s rights and obligations.
    It is the duty of patriotic Americans to uphold Christian values in the public square in order to secure the right direction of the police powers of the nation and state. It is a sacred duty to uphold the Sabbath, a weekly public assembly, for reviewing the laws and of land and magistrates who execute them in order to control the machine called government.
    Again, religion cannot be removed from government. Some religion, some doctrine, some value system, some opinion will guide the law making process which forms society. The question is whose opinion, whose doctrine, whose religion will control the formation of laws which shapes society. Separation of church and state is the marketing banner for changing the religion and values of the American culture from Christian to secular. Secularism is a deadly insurrection against Christian values and is actively undermining morality in America by removing the restraints of God’s law from society – from the law making process. Under the banner of ‘separation of church and state’ school children can no longer offer a moment of silence to God but must offer a moment of silence in support of the gay community. Under this banner, children in public education cannot look upon a display of the Ten Commandments but can look upon Common Core’s pornographic sex educational manuals. By the removal of God’s law, America’s traditional definition of marriage between one man and one women is corrupted into the right of homosexual unions, polygamy, and cross generational sex. By the removal of God’s law, an infant in the womb is a victim of brutal dismemberment; an American holocaust. Restoring Christian values is a must which means Christ and State is a must. America’s revolutionary war slogan “No King but King Jesus” is nothing less than a declaration that Jesus is to rule in America’s civil government.
    The American Founders did not support freedom of religion; they supported liberty of conscious. Liberty of conscious is a principle that no one can dictate the faith and belief of another by law but this is not the same as freedom of religion. The early state constitutions in America required a belief in one doctrine, a belief in the Bible, God, and Jesus in order to gain access into public office, a sensible gate at the door of dangerous institution which is directed by community values created by religion.
    Constitution of Massachusetts 1780
    Article I. Any person chosen governor, lieutenant-governor, councillor, senator, or representative, and accepting the trust, shall, before he proceed to execute the duties of his place or office, make and subscribe the following declaration, viz:
    “I, A.B., do declare that I believe the Christian religion, and have a firm persuasion of its truth; and that I am seized and possessed, in my own right, of the property required by the constitution, as one qualification for the office or place to which I am elected.”
    US Supreme Court: “If we examine the constitutions of the various states, we find in them a constant recognition of religious obligations. Every Constitution of every one of the forty-four states contains language which, either directly or by clear implication, recognizes a profound reverence for religion, and an assumption that its influence in all human affairs is essential to the wellbeing of the community. This recognition may be in the preamble, such as is found in the Constitution of Illinois, 1870:
    “We, the people of the State of Illinois, grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political, and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing upon our endeavors to secure and transmit the same unimpaired to succeeding generations,” Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States 143 U.S. 457 (1892)

161. I have fought for the constitution and swore an allegiance to it as well. I believe that religion is the single most destructive force in human history. If the Christians or any other religious group ever come to power you can be sure that I will be your enemy.

162. Joel Busher | 11/01/2014 at 3:14 PM |

The fight that is going on against Christian values and God’s law is
    really a fight against the protection of life, liberty, and property, and the
    raising of tyranny by the loss of due process of law. The common law which
    protects your rights were developed by English Christian jurists who
    incorporated precepts of the Bible into the common law, and this laid the
    foundation of every American’s protection of life, liberty, and property.

Right of Search Warrant by a Judge (Dt19:18)

Right to a public trial (Dt.21:19),

Right to an appeal (Dt.17:8-9),

Right to a impartial judge (Lev.19:15),

Right to present evidence (Ex.22:13),

Right to a fair trial (Ex.20:16),

Right to require two witnesses for the death penalty (Dt.17:6),

Right to put up a defense (Ex.32:9-14).

Right to public trial (Dt. 21:19)

A right to a thorough investigation (Dt:19:18) (Dt.17:4)

Join in the fight to protect your rights but the Bible on the US Constitution.

163. One more very good reason for home schooling or private schools for your kids.

164. If we ever have to live by your bible I will start the revolution myself.

165. We need all religion out of our schools, we need Islam out of our nation.

166. karen phillips | 11/01/2014 at 1:56 PM |

They are testing the waters.

167. jack03jsp | 11/01/2014 at 1:43 PM |

I assume on the protest sign the c was left out of schools on purpose

168. Oscar Meyer Winner | 11/01/2014 at 1:23 PM |

Always good to learn new things.

169. Joel Busher | 11/01/2014 at 12:03 PM |

ARTICLE VIII – RESTORE AMERICA – MISSION STATEMENT

American liberty is based on ancient principles. Restoring American liberty requires restoring those principles that created liberty.

1. Small civil polities of self-government which Thomas Jefferson called “little republics.”

2. A weekly public assembly by the people for the people for the overviewing of the laws of the land, and those who execute them (called the Sabbath).

3.A mutual agreed standard of right and wrong – Ten Commandments.

Our Mission is to incorporate God’s wisdom into the fabric of American society by adding Article VIII to the US Constitution. Begin the mission of America’s restoration by,

Step 1. Organize your family, friends and groups according to Exodus 18.21 – communities of 10 persons, 50, 100, 1000 with a leader over each.

Step 2. Keep the Sabbath: solicit friends to join you in a home study group in order to learn the principles of our constitutions, God’s law, and the laws of the land.

Step 3. Elect leaders in your groups and to public office who declare Jesus “Lord” according to the US Constitution and God as Supreme Judge of thier moral rectitude according to the Declaration of 1776 as codifed in the Ten Commandments.

Step 4. Work to establish Article VIII to the United States Constitution.